You won’t have to spend too long browsing your cosmetic treatment options before Botox is mentioned. If you do any research into combating the signs of ageing and getting rid of wrinkles, Botox will likely be listed as one of the ‘go to’ options. However, there are a number of alternatives to consider, such as PlasmaPen.
What is Botox and How Does it Work?
Though a lot of people have heard of Botox and know that it’s an anti-ageing cosmetic treatment, there’s still a lot of uncertainty surrounding what Botox is and how it works. Botox, which is short for Botulinum Toxin, is a protein that’s widely used for cosmetic purposes. When injected in small doses, Botox temporarily paralyses and weakens the muscles in the target area. The signals between the nerves and muscles are blocked, preventing muscle contractions that cause wrinkles. This reduces the signs of ageing and creates smoother, younger looking skin.
Botox is most commonly used as a cosmetic treatment, as a way to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the face. Though a lot of areas can be targeted with Botox, areas such as the forehead, between the eyebrows and around the eyes are most commonly treated. However, Botox can also be used to treat various conditions such as chronic migraines, muscle spasms, excessive sweating, an overactive bladder and certain eye disorders.
What are the Pros and Cons of Botox?
There is no denying that Botox is a popular cosmetic treatment, and there are a lot of advantages to choosing this as your way to combat the signs of ageing. However, there are also a number of disadvantages to bear in mind. Here are some of the pros and cons of Botox:
- CON – It often takes a few days for the results of Botox to be fully noticeable, meaning that it’s certainly not an instant solution, nor are results immediate. This isn’t the case with some of the alternatives to Botox, many of which boast instant noticeable changes.
- PRO – Botox effectively reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, providing a more youthful and smoother appearance. It can be used to target a range of areas including around the eyes, lips and forehead.
- CON – The effects of Botox are temporary, and you will need to undergo repeat treatments to maintain the desired results. After a few months, you will notice the results of Botox start wearing off, and another session will be required.
- PRO – Botox is a non-surgical procedure, meaning that there’s no need for downtime, recovery time or painful incisions. This makes it easy to fit Botox in on your lunch break or after work.
- CON – Botox treatments can be expensive, especially when multiple sessions are required for sustained results. The cost of this quickly adds up, which is something that a lot of people forget about when they book their first session.
- PRO – Compared to a lot of cosmetic treatments, Botox is a relatively quick treatment option. The treatment can be done in a matter of minutes, and it doesn’t require a lot of time out of your day.
- CON – Though it’s generally safe, Botox is a toxin and side effects are not uncommon. Side effects are always a possibility such as temporary muscle weakness, bruising, swelling and headaches. In rare cases, more serious complications may occur. This isn’t the case with some alternatives to Botox, such as PlasmaPen.
As you can see, there are a number of pros and cons of Botox. Though it’s been popular for many years, a lot of people are looking for an alternative way of achieving the same results.
What are the Alternatives to Botox?
One of the most well known alternatives to Botox is surgery, but this is often considered overkill for a lot of procedures. Though you might want to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, or smooth out the surface of your skin, surgery is an extreme solution. There are a lot of risks involved with surgery and a lengthy downtime should be expected, and recovery is by no means quick. Surgery is also a lot more expensive than Botox, even if you opt for a ‘one time’ procedure.
PlasmaPen is an alternative to Botox that is quickly growing in popularity, and it’s easy to see why. PlasmaPen is a quick and easy procedure, and it can be used for a wide range of treatments. Whereas Botox is focused on reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, the capabilities of PlasmaPen treatment spans far and wide. As well as wrinkles and ageing skin, acne scarring, jaw line, jowls, scars, sun damage and moles can all be treated with a PlasmaPen device. It’s also an option for anyone who is interested in having a brow lift, eye lift, neck lift, face lift or forehead tightening. You can find out exactly how the device can work for you by speaking to a PlasmaPen practitioner.
Another reason to choose PlasmaPen is that it’s good value for money. The cost of Botox quickly adds up, especially once you factor in the cost of having multiple treatments throughout the year. With PlasmaPen, this is less of a concern. Though a handful of treatments might be needed to achieve your desired results, the results are extremely long lasting. There are also few risks with PlasmaPen and, as long as you work with a trained and experienced practitioner, you shouldn’t need to worry about any serious side effects.
At PlasmaPen, we are passionate about the benefits of the device, the treatments available and the impact it can have on your self esteem. There are undeniable benefits of Botox, but PlasmaPen is an alternative treatment that goes above and beyond what Botox is capable of. It’s a simple, straightforward and effective way of improving a range of cosmetic problems, leaving you with skin to be proud of. To find out more about PlasmaPen treatment, get in touch with our helpful team.