The fibroblast plasma procedure is one of the latest non-surgical and non-invasive cosmetic procedures in the market today. It is a relatively new procedure that combines the power of the electromagnetic energy to encourage the fibroblasts cells to repair your skin and promote skin firmness. It works by eliminating facial wrinkles, fine lines and other skin issues, which will make your skin look more youthful, radiant and healthy.
After undergoing a fibroblast plasma, there may be side effects after the treatment. And these are just common and normal for patients whose undergone this procedure.
Some of the common side effects you will encounter include a little pain, swelling, and even redness, which will run for at least two days. As days progress, you may feel stinging, itchiness, dry skin, crusting and even weeping (yellow pus).
With all these in mind, here are the aftercare tips that you should do after your fibroblast plasma treatment.
One Week After Treatment
Tips to follow one week after undergoing a fibroblast plasma treatment.
- After undergoing a fibroblast plasma treatment, it is advisable to stay away from exposure to UV rays as this may increase the inflammation.
- Gently wash the area with lukewarm water and carefully pat dry.
- Do not apply any skin care product on your skin. Your doctor will recommend to you what skin care product that you should use after the fibroblast plasma procedure.
- Do not use any anti ageing creams like Tretonin, Retinols and Retin A.
- Avoid applying makeup on the treated area.
- Do not steam bath or take a hot shower after the procedure.
Two Weeks After Treatment
Tips to follow two weeks after undergoing a fibroblast plasma treatment.
- Try to avoid direct sunlight after a fibroblast plasma procedure as it will increase the side effects you may be experiencing. If you must go out, wear sunscreen and use a broad-brimmed hat to protect your scalp and face.
- Rinsing the area gently with lukewarm water and patting it dry will be enough. But if you need to cleanse your hair, use a gentle shampoo and conditioner. Remember to be careful not to get water in the treated area.
- Apply some prescribed ointment to the area, either prescription ointment or over-the-counter ointment for aftercare.
- Moisturise twice a day, especially products with hyaluronic acid which helps moisturise and heal the area faster.
- Avoid applying anti ageing products, anti-wrinkle cream, eye cream, and exfoliating products
Aftercare Skin Care Products
If you’re going to use skin care products after the treatment or one week after, make sure that they are non-clogging and non-irritating. The best products are the centella and hyaluronic acid, which both aid in faster healing and ample hydration of the skin.
Toners, Glycolic Acid, Retin A and Scrubs
After the treatment or one week after, your skin will be sensitive so it is advisable to avoid using products such as toners, glycolic acid, Rein A and scrubs, which can cause irritation to the treated area.
Moisturiser with Centella and Hyaluronic Acid
Centella asiatica and hyaluronic acid are some of the best ingredients to use after receiving a fibroblast plasma treatment. These ingredients consist of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, which will help with faster healing and recovery of the skin.
It is recommended to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 30 or more every day after the treatment or one week after. Make sure that you apply a generous amount of sunscreen or sunblock before going out.
Your skin will fully heal, most likely after 6 weeks. So you should not indulge for cosmetic treatments including:
- Active Peels
- Hair Removal laser
- Micro Needling
- Laser Resurfacing
- Collagen Induction Therapy
- BB Glow
The fibroblast plasma procedure is a new procedure that has been introduced to the market to fight against the signs of ageing and promote youthful, glowing, and healthy skin. However, with all new procedures, there will be side effects, which are normal and expected. With that said, you should follow the aftercare tips provided in this article to avoid further complications.
PlasmaPen offers a groundbreaking device that enhances fibroblast and skin tightening. Let’s transform your skin using our innovative PlasmaPen. Check out our products today!