The fibroblast plasma procedure is one of the latest non-surgical and non-invasive cosmetic procedures on the market today. It is a relatively new procedure that combines the power of electromagnetic energy to encourage the fibroblasts cells to repair your skin and promote skin firmness. It works by eliminating facial wrinkles, fine lines and other skin issues, which will make your skin look more youthful, radiant and healthy.
After undergoing a fibroblast plasma treatment, there may be side effects after the treatment. And these are just common and normal for patients who have undergone this procedure.
Some of the common side effects you will encounter include a little pain, swelling, and even redness, which will run for at least two days. As days progress, you may feel stinging, itchiness, dry skin, crusting and even weeping (mild blood plasma due to the skin naturally healing).
With all these in mind, here are the aftercare tips that you should do after your fibroblast plasma treatment.
One Week After Treatment
Tips to follow one week after undergoing a fibroblast plasma treatment.
- After undergoing a fibroblast plasma treatment, it is advisable to stay away from exposure to UV rays as this may increase inflammation that will cause post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation PIHP.
- Gently wash the area with boiled cooled water and carefully pat dry.
- Do not apply any skin care product on your skin, other than what your PlasmaPen technician recommends for PlasmaPen aftercare.
- Do not use any anti-ageing creams like Tretonin, Retinols and Retin A.
- Avoid applying makeup on the treated area.
- Do not steam, sauna, spa, bathe or take a hot shower after the procedure.
Two Weeks After Treatment
Tips to follow two weeks after undergoing a fibroblast plasma treatment.
- Try to avoid direct sunlight after a fibroblast plasma procedure as it will increase the side effects you may be experiencing. If you must go out, wear sunscreen and use a broad-brimmed hat to protect your scalp and face and under no circumstances must you get hot or sweaty.
- Rinsing the area gently with boiled cooled water and patting it dry will be enough as far as cleansing goes whilst the scabs adhere to the skin.
- Apply the recommended aftercare only, do as your PlasmaPen technician says otherwise you could result in scarring and adverse reactions
- Moisturise twice a day with the specific aftercare your PlasmaPen technician recommends, especially products with hyaluronic acid which help moisturise and heal the area faster.
- Avoid applying anti-ageing products, anti-wrinkle cream, and eye cream until your skin has peeled leaving no scabs on the skin. Avoid exfoliating products and drawing facials for 6 weeks post-treatment, your skin will not need these as it is brand new like a baby’s skin.
Aftercare Skin Care Products
If you’re going to use skin care products after the treatment or one week after, make sure they are specific for use post a fibroblast treatment, for example, products by www.plasmapenuk.com who are the leading manufacturers of PlasmaPen and fibroblast equipment, training and supplies.
Toners, Glycolic Acid, Retin A and Scrubs
After the treatment or one week after, your skin will be sensitive so it is advisable to avoid using products such as toners, glycolic acid, Retin-A and scrubs, which can cause irritation to the treated area.
Moisturiser with Centella and Hyaluronic Acid
Centella Asiatica and hyaluronic acid are some of the best ingredients to use after receiving a fibroblast plasma treatment. These ingredients consist of antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, which will help with faster healing and recovery of the skin. However only use these once all scabs and skin have shed from the skin.
It is recommended to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 50++ every day after the treatment and ongoing. Make sure that you apply a generous amount of sunscreen or sunblock before always going out in daylight. After all, you needed this treatment due to overexposure to the sun and UV light.
Your skin will heal enough after 6 weeks for you to indulge in cosmetic treatments, however, full skin tightening will not be seen until 12 weeks post-procedure date.
Cosmetic Treatments include:
- Active Peels
- Hair Removal laser
- Laser Resurfacing
- Collagen Induction Therapy
- BB Glow
- Semi-Permanent Makeup
- Vac suction treatments
The fibroblast plasma procedure is a new procedure that has been introduced to the market to fight against the signs of ageing and promote youthful, glowing, and healthy skin. However, with all new procedures, there will be side effects, which are normal and expected. With that said, you should follow the aftercare tips provided in this article to avoid further complications.
PlasmaPen offers a groundbreaking device that enhances fibroblast and skin tightening. Let’s transform your skin using our innovative PlasmaPen. Check out our products today!