After the huge success of our post around popular PlasmaPen skin-tightening treatments, we are continuing our ‘Ask the trainer’ series with a post all about the best aftercare treatments following a PlasmaPen procedure. Wondering how best to reduce swelling after a PlasmaPen treatment or which products your salon needs to offer the very best in aftercare? We spoke with Master Trainer Julie Newman-Seunarayan who gave us the lowdown on all things PlasmaPen aftercare.
Hi Julie, thanks for joining us again! What aftercare products do you use and recommend?
Thanks for having me! I have a huge array of PlasmaPen aftercare products on hand for use before and after delivering PlasmaPen treatments, including:
- Cleansing Tonic
- Cleansing Wipes
- Colloidal Silver Gel with Aloe Vera for the first 24 hours
- Tinted Aftercare Balm SPF 50++ for morning use
- Advanced Repair Healing Lotion
In the salon, I use the cleansing tonic and cleansing wipes to prepare the skin before carrying out a PlasmaPen treatment and the Colloidal Silver Gel with Aloe Vera immediately post-treatment (giving the clients some to take home to use for the 24 hours after treatment).
I recommend that clients purchase the PlasmaPen SPF50 Tinted Balm for use every morning and a bottle of Advanced Repair Healing Lotion to apply 2-5 times daily to supercharge the healing process. The Cleansing Tonic can also be purchased for use at home to keep the skin as clean as possible during the healing process.
Could you explain how to deliver correct aftercare following a treatment?
To apply the cleansing tonic, simply dab the skin with the product. Do not, under any circumstances, saturate or wet the skin.
The Colloidal Silver Gel with Aloe Vera can be worn immediately post-treatment, as can the Tinted Aftercare Balm. It’s best not to wash any product off your face. Instead, simply reapply the Tinted Balm as required, by gently dabbing the product onto your skin.
During the healing process, the skin should only be cleansed using the Cleansing Tonic. Cleanse each day until the tiny blood clots/dots fall off the skin.
The Advanced Repair Healing Lotion can be used as often as you like throughout the day, but take care to stay out of the sun.
How do you reduce swelling after a PlasmaPen treatment?
There are several steps you can take to reduce swelling following a PlasmaPen treatment.
- Apply an ice pack covered with a clean cloth to the swollen area. Do not apply ice directly onto the skin.
- If you are in pain take paracetamol and avoid anti-inflammatory medications, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or steroids.
- Sleep on your back during the recovery period with your head elevated to reduce swelling.
- Don’t cleanse the treated area until the following day.
- Do not exercise for 48 hours post-treatment or expose yourself to any heat, steam, or sweat because this can intensify swelling.
- Follow the aftercare instructions your technician provides you with to avoid complications.
What is the one aftercare product you cannot live without?
I couldn’t just pick one! For me, the two products I cannot live without are the Advanced Repair Healing Lotion and the Tinted Aftercare Balm.
Join the PlasmaPen family
Are you ready to complete our world-class training and become part of the PlasmaPen family of technicians? We are ready to welcome you with open arms! Contact our customer success team today to find out more about our market-leading training and world-famous PlasmaPen devices.